Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Halloween is quickly approaching and Autumn swings into gear...


Despite another 70+ degree day at the Jersey shore, the leaves on the trees continue to change colors and they are beginning to fall. The acorns seem much larger than the previous few years and hopefully that means we might get at least a little bit of snow this winter ( we had about 4 inches last winter : (- what a shame for the kids!)

I have only 2 possible shows to choose from before Halloween and I would really like to do 1 of them and I'm not all that thrilled about the other because it's a short 4 hour show in the evening, starting at 6 pm and it's on the same weekend as one of the biggest festivals in this area... the Cranberry Festival. The Cranberry festival is just mobbed and people come from all over the area for it. It's not uncommon to see cars with license plates from New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware... and lots of them. You often have to park about 1 mile from the festival and walk down the narrow roads, which is always fun with small children. But it really is worth the hike. I would love to have a display at this festival, but felt I wasn't going to be ready to do a festival of this size just yet. I'd really like to give it a shot for next year (and maybe I can share a space with one of my fellow NJ street team members)


So that brings me to the question of what to do with all my remaining Halloween items? It's really not that much, but I just found a couple pairs of skull earrings in my holiday decorations bin. I thought, perhaps I'd make sale through my blog, one that's not available on ETSY. I have 2 remaining Halloween items in my shop on ETSY. Both items have been reduced in price by 25% and I'm offering FREE Shipping on either item (the items are the Silly Skeleton Pendant/necklace and a set of 6 Halloween magnets... both are featured items and you can see them in my Etsy mini on the side panel) If you buy either of these items, along with the 25% off and the Free Shipping, I'll add the Skull earrings for FREE. I had been selling these earrings for $6 at the shows and had they gone on ETSY, I would've listed them for $5. So hurry, there are only 2 pairs left... 1st come 1st serve. Get these in time for your Halloween parties!


Til next time...

R

1 comment:

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

I love the earrings! They're really cooooool...I like your display card, too. Nicely done!