Tuesday, March 10, 2009

More Opportunities as Spring Approaches...plus new Etsy Creations


After a busy weekend, most of it spent away from my craft table, discussing the possibility of consigning items or renting space in a busy Long Beach Island gift shop, another opportunity presented itself.

On Monday I received an email about contacting a reporter for the local newspaper. He is researching info about Etsy and he was looking for a few crafters in the readership area to interview. Abbie (from http://www.Abbieroad.etsy.com) gave me a heads-up about the possibility of being contacted and sure enough...

I called him back and did the interview over the phone, while discussing my Etsy shop. His angle appears to be how the internet is influencing crafter, specifically those with Etsy shops. He mentioned Facebook, Twitter and seemed very interested in how the EtsyNJ team communicates through team websites, our yahoogroup and the Etsy forums. We talked about sea glass, how eco-friendly plays a big part of many Etsy member's lifestyles, etc.

It was quite exciting to have this opportunity. About 50% of my craft shows are in the area covered by the newspaper and it's actually how I find out about many of the smaller, local craft shows. Hopefully, if the article is published, he'll send me a heads-up so i can buy the paper : )
(tho a link to the online paper would be better...lol)

I did get to my crafting table on Sunday and made several new sea glass necklaces, a couple of which have already found their way into my Etsy shop (the above image is the new Pale Seafoam necklace) I also created another Teal, a light blue piece and my first ever red sea glass necklace.

I'll be adding a few pairs of earrings during the week, and plan on cleaning up my Art Fire and 1000 Market shops a bit for the weekend. Both shops have been neglected and I'd like to see if a few new items would bring some momentum to these shops.

Not much on the craft show schedule... tho I did add a show in Waretown for March 21.
The Waterfowling Day show should be a fun show, with quite a bit to do for families. The show is held at the Lighthouse Center for Natural Resource Education in Waretown, NJ.
The grounds are beautiful and eco-friendly event should be a lot of fun...come check it out if you're in Ocean County on 3/21!!

'til next time...
R

No comments: