Friday, January 1, 2010

A Great Start To The New Year


It's funny how karma works...in my last blog entry, I mentioned how 2009 was only a so-so year for my handmade sea glass jewelry business and how I was looking forward to a better year in 2010.

Then Mo showed up and began to turn things around. Mo can mean a great deal to your handmade business... when Mo is positive, great things happen and when Mo is negative, you can't give things away. Who is Mo and how do you get her to show up to your business? Don't worry, Mo is always there.... some call it Karma... my husband Kevin, likes to call it Momentum.

After my last blog entry, I found out I had been featured in another blog. A great full page feature, including several pictures, a little bit of info about me and info on sea glass in general. The next evening, I received a email from a fellow EtsyNJer and she let me know she included one of my items in her treasury (wow, it's been months since I've been included in a treasury!) It looks like Mo has picked up speed....

Today I wake up after a fun night of celebrating the New Year with my hubby and our sons to find that I was on the Front Page of Etsy! Etsy selected one of my items for a front page treasury feature and as most front page treasuries go...the item sold and my shop received several shop hearts, item hearts and item views.

As crazy as it sounds, Mo has always been with my business, I just let her sit idle for too long. It's a new year and Mo wants to party... and my New Year's resolution of trying to do something positive for my life, my family and my handmade business has already begun.

Let the party roll on, let's dance Mo.... Happy 2010 everyone- may Mo party all year long in your lives!

'til next time...
R

No comments: