Friday, June 12, 2009

Another Family Festival Show, Etsy Yart Sale, New Sea Glass Jewelry...



I was a bit surprised by last weekend's turnout and the number of people that were buying handmade items. It was a better than expected show for me and I believe those around me also did better than they expected. It wasn't the greatest sales day by any means, but I suppose when you don't really know what to expect from a family-type festival and come away happy you did the show, it most have been a good day.

So here I am again, same situation as last week, raining weather leading into the show, the possibility of a nice day, and a family festival atmosphere... and I'll have a tent set up with my displays for all to see. The "Field Dog Expo and Family Fun Day" is another first time show for me to attend, so I have few expectations and while I'm not sure if the show has ever been held before (I suspect it has, but w/o the family festival) I have no idea if it's well attended. Here's hoping that everything falls into place just like last weekend....

After seeing tons of threads in the Etsy promotions forums about a Yart Sale, I decided to bite the bullet and create a category with about 25% of my shop on sale. The Items in the Yart Sale section have been marked down anywhere from 15% to a little over 20%. The sale for my shop ends until very early tomorrow morning, as my shop will be inactive during tomorrow's show. If you get a chance, check out my Yart Sale category, perhaps a piece of handmade sea glass jewelry you've been eyeing is on sale today!

I added a new sea glass bracelet to my Etsy shop (image above) and I will be listing a pretty light gray necklace(image also above) in my ArtFire shop later this morning. The gray pieces are really tough to photograph well. Grays and purple pieces of sea glass tend to be chameleon-like in the way they change colors against different backdrops and changes in lighting. The are indeed very tough to capture to show off the true color.

Time to do a mock set-up of my displays for tomorrow and make sure I have everything I need.. ugh, I have to check on my tent walls, I bet they were just stuffed back inside the carrier after my last outdoor show last winter : (

til next time...

R

No comments: